Monday, November 24, 2008

Got What It Takes Quiz


On the Got What It Takes To Be A Reporter quiz, I scored a total 0f 27 points. The score puts me in the second category. According to the category list, I am a solid contender to be for a successful journalism career. I've got the personality and ability that a good reporter requires.

I was actually surprised by the score that I received from this test. Although I do enjoy this journalism class and enjoy world news and events, I never thought that I would be journalist. My minor is public relations which is the reason I am taking this class. After taking this test and this class I had to second guess my major. Maybe I am in the wrong field. I do enjoy writing but I do not want to be a journalist nor a reporter. One of the sections on the test where I missed points is the first question which has to do with reading. I do not like reading books, but do enjoy reading a lot of information in newspapers, online sources, and magazines. Therefore, in my opinion, I feel that I might not be a good fit for journalism. Overall, this test was an interesting eye opener to see where I stand within the journalism community.

1 comment:

camccune said...

The PR profession needs good writers too, and many of the same skills and aptitudes.