Saturday, November 29, 2008

Topical Blog Post #3


This dream is based on a true story. 

At times, I feel that most of my dreams could be made into some type of feature film or horror story. Since I was a child my dreams have been very vivid, compelling, and sometimes down right strange. Surely my dreams must have a purpose, but I have yet to figure out what that is. 

Unfortunately, most of my dreams are forgotten within a few hours of awakening from sleep. Only the dreams which create shocking interest within my mind allow me to remember them for longer periods of time. 

Some people may feel it is not important to remember their dreams, but I believe in the importance and purpose of remembering dreams.

This leads me to ask the question, what if you could record your dreams and watch them back after you awake from sleep? 

Now, this is possible with advances in current technology unlocking the secret world of dreams. Japanese scientists have created a device that enables the processing and imagery of dreams as experience in the brain to appear on a screen. 

This advancement in technology will allow us to further explore our dreams with greater detail than simply recalling a memory or writing down a dream experience. Secrets of our past and glimpses of the future may be revealed when analyzing our dreams. 

Sometimes, I felt it was difficult to fully describe some of my more complicated dreams. With this type of technology, individuals will be able to play the dreams over an image to give another person the full experience of their dream, allow others to enter another's secret world of dreams.  



1 comment:

camccune said...

That's fascinating. Most of my dreams disappear with hardly a trace, though sometimes I have a vivid one that I remember fairly well. It would be cool to have instant replay.